July 9, 2007

Why, as a vegetarian, I don’t lose weight

I don’t cook, people. I don’t bake, either. All of my attempts at becoming a world-renowned (or at least apartment building-renowned) chef have ended in a call to Pizza Hut. However, I’m totally going to make this tonight.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks!: Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Sauce. Brace Yourselves, People.

(In other news, I’m back from the Philippines—hooray! More from me to come.)

comments

1. Sheila Ryan on July 9th, 2007 at 1:42 pm

Welcome back, Daniel. I been missing you.

2. Cindy Scroggins on July 9th, 2007 at 1:49 pm

Welcome back, Daniel. One chunky vegetarian to another.

3. Sheila Ryan on July 9th, 2007 at 2:33 pm

Remember the era of vegetarian cookbooks featuring all those recipes calling for “2 lbs. grated cheese”?

4. India on July 9th, 2007 at 3:03 pm

I’m sorry, I know this is cruel.

You know, most desserts are vegetarian. It’s a funny thing about desserts, and no doubt one of the reasons I have made them my primary food group.

Speaking of food blogs, this is my current favorite: Bake and Shake.

5. Sheila Ryan on July 9th, 2007 at 3:42 pm

Oh, and Daniel? Any photos you can post for us (for which you don’t need to file a dozen clearance forms on account of they document Human Research Subjects)?

6. Sheila Ryan on July 9th, 2007 at 3:46 pm

I meant to specify photos from your Philippine sojourn — though photos of the peach crisp would be nice, too.

7. Daniel Lestarjette on July 9th, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Yes, I’d be glad to post some photos from the Philippines tonight.

I’m not sure if the peach crisp is forthcoming, however. I forgot the Kyle hates peaches, and I couldn’t possibly eat a whole one by myself. Could I?

8. Sheila Ryan on July 13th, 2007 at 5:57 pm

Thank you, India, for introducing me to Bake and Shake. I loved it the instant I read “I will frost you like a motherfucker.”

9. Rick Neece on July 13th, 2007 at 6:19 pm

Pioneer woman! Bake and Shake! I spewed! Um, I mean aspirated. Forwarded both links to Danny, he’ll get a great big kick out of them.

10. India on July 13th, 2007 at 8:47 pm

I thought y’all might like Lo. She is foul-mouthed and beautiful. And she likes cake.