February 13, 2008

cluster on the deck

TheDeck

It’s officially unofficial.

As you may have noticed, we are now running a series of ads on the side of each page populated by The Deck. For those not familiar with The Deck, the Coudal page will do a better job of explaining it than I can.

Suffice it to say that I am very proud and pleased to be part of the program. We are on a trial run for the first three months, after which we will reconvene to formalize things.

All this makes me feel like the Tappet brothers on Click and Clack when they say “and even though Mara Liasson cringes every time we say it, this is NPR”.

Anyway, a quick thank you to Jim, at Coudal Partners, and to Jason, the patron saint of clusterflockTM.

I feel like a proud poppa tonight.

And, as always, a special thanks to Chris, Andrew, and Patrick. These guys are champions. Without their effort we’d still be picking bugs out of our teeth.

Not that we aren’t.

Or won’t.

Oh, fuck it.

And finally, an all encompassing thank you to those who participate on this site. clusterflock is nothing without us.

comments

1. Michael Grant Smith on February 13th, 2008 at 9:03 pm

You want progress, you eat some bugs.

Thanks Chris, Andrew, and Patrick.

Thanks to you, too, Deron Bauman.

2. Sheila Ryan on February 13th, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Deron, I’ve half a mind (“yes, Sheila?”) right this instant to set out driving up to Canada and buy some Cuban cigars and then sneak them over the border and drive down to Texas and deliver them to your door.

Here’s to you! Here’s to us!

3. Deron Bauman on February 13th, 2008 at 10:05 pm

I’ll get the matches.

4. Amy Mabli on February 13th, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Sheila if you do that, I’ll stick one up my cooch.

Yay, clusterflockers!

5. Michael Grant Smith on February 13th, 2008 at 11:12 pm

Amy, be sure to do it before Deron gets back with the matches.

6. Deron Bauman on February 14th, 2008 at 12:14 am

hey, I’m back. what did I miss?

7. Alek Lindus on February 14th, 2008 at 6:48 am

second third and fourth the above, Amy, whats a cooch? cultural deferences you know…….

8. Rick Neece on February 14th, 2008 at 7:59 am

Isn’t a cooch one of them shells greek guys blow into to make horn noises?

Deron, the matches? From the bathroom?

It’s a pleasure to be in y’all’s company.

9. Sheila Ryan on February 14th, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Alek, here is my own half-assed (so to speak) combination etymology-and-history lesson. There are still a few old folks here in the States who speak of ‘cooch dances’ (or ‘hoochie-coochie dances’); these were performances offered in tents down at the seedy end of carnivals and fairs. It is said that one of the first cooch dances was that performed by ‘Little Egypt’ at the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago, where it was presented as an example of the danse du ventre — the ‘belly dance’. But ‘cooch’ and ‘belly’ are not quite equivalent . . . and this is a round-about way of defining ‘cooch’, but I expect you can take it from here.

10. Amy Mabli on February 15th, 2008 at 1:48 am

Alek, I was referring to my vagine, my yin yang, my lala, my jenny, my vajayjay. I don’t know how to be any more explicit.

11. Alek Lindus on February 15th, 2008 at 10:52 am

ah!c’est-ca… bueno capiche [playing devils advocate]

12. Jeff Ventura on March 5th, 2008 at 5:24 pm

Flockers: awesome. Great job.

If I had a cooch I’d stick something up it too. Or play with my –

Bah. Forget it.

13. Sheila Ryan on March 5th, 2008 at 5:29 pm

I’m getting all teary-eyed.

14. Clusterflock on The Deck « GracefulFlavor on March 5th, 2008 at 5:40 pm

[...] · No Comments The clusterflock crew has been taken off double secret probation and is now a full-on member of The Deck, the advertising circle aimed at creative, web and design [...]