January 15, 2009

Foxes

foxy

via the ragbag with more cards to come

comments

1. Sheila Ryan on January 15th, 2009 at 9:59 am

Scumber.

(I adore this, as well as the cards for the ferret and the rabbit. Very much looking forward to more.)

2. raynor on January 15th, 2009 at 12:47 pm

zounds!

i never expected that one day my site would be linked to from clusterflock in a way that wasn’t me just christopher-walkening some of my own posts. and by andrew simone, no less.

3. Sheila Ryan on January 15th, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Mister Raynor, mister, those cards are the bestest ever.

4. raynor on January 15th, 2009 at 1:00 pm

thanks. that really means a lot. i have always enjoyed animal nomeclature lists, but they are always indexed by term rather than animal. i thought it was high time to reverse this!

and the amount of animal-specific words is crazy. just wait til the sheep card hits the streets.

5. Cindy Scroggins on January 15th, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Might there be a donkey card?

6. Sheila Ryan on January 15th, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Cindy, is it an ass card you desire?

7. Andrew Simone on January 15th, 2009 at 1:45 pm

shoot. I am just a dude who likes good things. that thing was good.

Therefore, etc.
    Q.E.D.

8. raynor on January 15th, 2009 at 1:46 pm

uh…actually…a donkey card was one of the six that i originally made. ass jokes aplenty.

9. Amanda Mae Meyncke on January 15th, 2009 at 1:46 pm

fox shit needs to be re-written then.

Found fox scumber,
    under my pillow,
    makes for a shitty slumber.

10. Sheila Ryan on January 15th, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I did note a reference to the transformation of asses into donkeys (and of cocks into roosters). One hopes to see a donkey card. Hope springs eternal.

11. Sheila Ryan on January 15th, 2009 at 1:49 pm

“Shitty slumber.” I like that an awful lot. Puts me in mind of chitty-chitty bang-bang.

12. raynor on January 15th, 2009 at 3:32 pm

…and of the transformation of asses and camels.

also: there is definitely something vile-sounding about the word scumber, whereas billetings calls to mind a string of shooting bb’s.