January 2, 2009

Two Pies, No Waiting.

Pepperoni
Pepperoni Pie.

Veggie Pie
Veggie Pie.

A tasty dinner, especially when accompanied with some Magic Hat.

comments

1. Daryl Scroggins on January 2nd, 2009 at 10:19 pm

A pink granite background really helps a pie, too. Hell, I’m always happy about burnt cheese.

2. Michael Smith on January 2nd, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Pie? Those look like pizzas.

3. Vin Reddy on January 2nd, 2009 at 10:28 pm

My sister blames our elevated oven temps for the slightly overdone pepperoni pie–still tasted great, though. As you can see, the second pie came out just right.

That granite is more of a beige–no pink countertops in our kitchen!

4. Vin Reddy on January 2nd, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Michael, you type too fast.

5. Cindy Scroggins on January 2nd, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Vin–I wasn’t being mean: I really do like cheese that’s kind of burnt. As a matter of fact, your post caused us to call out for pizza tonight. It was great and looked much like the one pictured on top here. Just cheese, though.

6. Daryl Scroggins on January 2nd, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Sorry, that last was from me, Daryl; I didn’t change the sign in name.

7. Lucy Foley on January 2nd, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Ah, Magic Hat numbah 9, peut etre?

8. Michael Smith on January 2nd, 2009 at 11:01 pm

I’m with Daryl/Cindy I thought that top pizza looked perfectly cooked.

9. Sheila Ryan on January 2nd, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Me, too, Daryl. Me, too, Michael. Meat: rare. But cheese + bread/pasta/carb of choice: well done.

Ecstasy.

10. Kris on January 3rd, 2009 at 2:09 am

I am quite militant about the appropriateness of pineapple in a pizza.

I am interested to hear the views of the mob.

11. Dave Vogt on January 3rd, 2009 at 2:11 am

Vin, which variety? I’m personally with Lucy on the No. 9, but honestly I haven’t had anything in the winter variety pack to astray.

12. Rick Neece on January 3rd, 2009 at 5:20 am

A pizza with pineapple is no longer pizza, it’s dessert–even if it has canadian bacon.

13. Phil Bebbington on January 3rd, 2009 at 5:23 am

These look so damn good I’d happily call ‘em pies or pizzas, they wouldn’t be around long anyway.

As soon as you decide to cook Cheese it needs to be slightly burnt – meat, yeah, rare, raw, still mooing is good unless it’s a pig, then not! I spent 40 years hating Liver only to discover it was the cooking that I found so disagreeable.

14. Vin Reddy on January 3rd, 2009 at 8:14 am

Cindy/Darryl– No offense taken. My sister tends to be a fingerpointer about these things, so I felt I should defend her honor.

Lucy and Dave–I like almost anything from our friends in Vermont, but last night, I was drinking Circus Boy. We also picked up the holiday sampler a few days ago–So far I’ve had the Odd Notion, Circus Boy and a Number 9. There’s a fourth variation in the box called “Roxy Rolles” that I haven’t tried yet–perhaps I’ll crack one open later.

Kris–I’m no fan of sweet toppings on pizza, so I’ll side with Rick on this one.

15. Daryl Scroggins on January 3rd, 2009 at 10:56 am

Hi-why-yun pizza they call it here, if it has pineapple on it. About as appetizing, in my view, as the gummi pizzas Mia wants every time we go to the dollar store.