February 6, 2009

Fucking awesome

This makes me so happy.

[Y]ou’re about to hear the President of United States using language that would finish Cheney off once and for all.

Barack Obama is tired of your motherfucking shit
(Via Rose)

comments

1. Lucy Foley on February 6th, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Oh God we have lived to see such a day. Hallelujah bitch, and buy yo own damn fries.

2. Lucy Foley on February 6th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Tho you know, he does sound a little square with this kind of jive in his mouth. It’s clearly not his day-to-day. But hey, it’s square to be hip, anyway.

3. India on February 6th, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I know! He does sound rather uncomfortable. He should have had my mom’s friend Camille read the audiobook—though I suppose then we wouldn’t be hearing snippets of it on the Internet. But she is the completest master of casual and constant profanity; my brother used to do very fine impressions of her at the dinner table*, so he could probably have done Obama’s audiobook, too.

*Which gives you an idea of the level of discourse in my impeccably napkin-clad ancestral home.

4. Lucy Foley on February 6th, 2009 at 1:36 pm

We probably need to have another cakefest with head-sized cakes, and perhaps some sumo wrestlers’ poison, and Camille. Ross’ sister in law, with whom I have spent a lot of time on family weekends and all that, told me recently – with a kind of awe – that I say ‘fuck’ more in a casual conversation than she has heard in her entire life. It is true. There are so many friendly uses for words like cunt, fuck and bollock.

5. Cindy Scroggins on February 6th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

That bit about Camille hurts my feelings.

6. India on February 6th, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Age before beauty Cindy. Camille’s been doing it longer: she’s about seventy-five. I think if you met her you’d agree that she’s earned her place at the top.

7. Cindy Scroggins on February 6th, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Okay, that makes me feel better. I have nothing but respect for foul-mouthed old ladies.

8. Lucy Foley on February 6th, 2009 at 2:19 pm

We’re gonna have to form some kind of line, Cindy, and outfuck each other. I mean, we could do it in mud, but you know, I’m only saying.

9. Cindy Scroggins on February 6th, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I don’t think we need to be competitive. The world is (almost) large enough for the both of us.

Still, something about mud is appealing….

10. Lucy Foley on February 6th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Cunting and blinding in the mud!

11. Cindy Scroggins on February 6th, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Okay, I’m in.

12. India on February 6th, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Here’s a photo of the master, so you know what you have to aspire to.

13. Lucy Foley on February 6th, 2009 at 3:18 pm

She is welcome to join us in the mud. It can be a multi-generational thing. You know, a family affair.

14. Cindy Scroggins on February 6th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Fuck that old bitch, I could take her in a second.

15. Rick Neece on February 6th, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Sheila?
    Have you worked the casual swearword smackdown into the events of Clusterflockstock?

16. Sheila Ryan on February 7th, 2009 at 8:34 am

Rick, I been kinda multitasking lately, but the casual swearword smackdown is on my radar.

17. Cindy Scroggins on February 7th, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Oh, it’s a casual swearword smackdown. I thought it was going to be a cloth napkin kind of thing. I’ll have to switch gears.