March 4, 2009

naked people

nakedpeopleclothesdisappear
Click on people and their clothes disappear. Spoiler alert: almost everyone shaves. None of the men are circumcised.

(via buzzfeed)

comments

1. salvo on March 4th, 2009 at 12:47 pm

I guess I’m just an old fuddy duddy, but what’s with the “I haven’t reached puberty yet” look? I can see doing some maintenance, or playing around with a “style,” but that completely bare look just seems weird to me.

2. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 12:52 pm

I’m kind of interested in how Manuela (age 38) describes her job: Tender Management. Hunh.

3. Phil Bebbington on March 4th, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Very well preened – slightly disturbing.

The women all retain their foot wear when naked and yet the men don’t – odd!

4. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 1:01 pm

We can be really sensitive about our feet. We women, that is.

Did you notice the preponderance of “Be a Model” among the lists of Hobbies?

5. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Even though shapes and sizes vary and deviate somewhat from the unrealizable ideal, there is a faint whiff of vinyl blowing off these images that I, too, find disturbing, Phil.

I bought you mail-order
    My plain-wrapper baby
    Your skin is like vinyl
    The perfect companion

(“In Every Dream Home a Heartache,” Roxy Music)

6. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

It’s as though they are their own avatars.

7. Cindy Scroggins on March 4th, 2009 at 1:11 pm

I find it interesting that many of them seem to look much better naked than with clothing. I haven’t seen enough naked people in my life to know whether this is common, but it strikes me as a bit odd.

Also, salvo, for what it’s worth, I’ve never understood the shaved pubis business, either.

8. Phil Bebbington on March 4th, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I’m sure this will be available for the iphone soon. Hold it up in front of a clothed person and the screen will reveal a nekkid one – probably like those XRay Specs that I spent all my pocket money on when I was a kid!

9. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

The isolation of each figure against a white void bothers me, too.

10. Christopher Walken on March 4th, 2009 at 1:21 pm

i also find the borderline anorexic look many of the woman have kinda sad.

and i’m a very hetero male, i might add.

11. range on March 4th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

I really liked it. It was strange though. It would be great if there were like 400 people. 400 naked normal people, though I agree that too many of them wanted to be models.

12. Cindy Scroggins on March 4th, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Sheila, perhaps we should consider going into Tender Management.

13. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 2:41 pm

It might be our consulting firm.

14. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 2:41 pm

“Tender Management . . . for Tough Times”

15. Cindy Scroggins on March 4th, 2009 at 3:00 pm

We’ll have a little office in Todo A Dollar.

16. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 3:04 pm

That is very very sad and very very beautiful.

17. Cindy Scroggins on March 4th, 2009 at 3:16 pm

18. Mike Dresser on March 4th, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Now howdoyasuppose they did that, getting their clothing to appear correctly above their nude bodies, or vice-versa? Some set-up like a claymation animator, perhaps, that allows them to quickly flick between the previous frame and current image? The presentation is really what makes it; were it side-by-side photos, I would have been gone in a blink. Also, the click. Tactile. I have power over their clothes.

19. Cooper Renner on March 4th, 2009 at 7:02 pm

I want Cindy and Sheila to go into “Tinder Management,” you know, kindling, twigs, chips of bark, etc. For people who are too lazy to light their own fireplaces.

20. Sheila Ryan on March 4th, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I’ve made a good start. Through the winter I steal my neighbors’ firewood.

21. Cindy Scroggins on March 5th, 2009 at 9:54 am

But, Cooper, I’m too lazy to light my own fireplace.