January 19, 2011

Believe This or Piss Off

The new Alabama govenor has an interesting take on representative government:

Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I’m telling you, you’re not my brother and you’re not my sister….

comments

1. Carole Corlew on January 19th, 2011 at 11:46 am

Lord God help.

2. Carole Corlew on January 19th, 2011 at 11:50 am

I long for the days of Kissin’ Jim Folsom.

3. Daryl Scroggins on January 19th, 2011 at 11:59 am

Yep, this is painful. I always wonder how it is that Christians don’t see the very short road that leads to exclusion of Christians within Christianity. There is a long history in my state, for instance, of Catholics not being seen as real Christians because they pray to Mary, which “is very clearly idolatry.” I wonder if this fellow is into the prosperity gospel? If so, that should make it much easier for him to cut social services since God has clearly marked the poor as morally suspect and losers being punished.

4. Amanda Mae on January 19th, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Sometimes I think God must be annoyed at how things are going down here.

5. Phil Bebbington on January 19th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I considered saying a bunch of stuff, but, I realised I had nothing to say.

6. Carole Corlew on January 19th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

A friend in Alabama just sent the following to me re the four religious truths:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God’s chosen people
    2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
    3. Protestants do not recognize the pope as the leader of the Christian world.
    4. Baptists do not recognize each other at Hooters.

7. Cindy Scroggins on January 19th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Carole, you and your friend just cracked me up.

8. Deron Bauman on January 19th, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Carole, a version of that joke is at the beginning of this.

9. Rick Neece on January 19th, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Oh, Deron, “The World Come of Age.” I need to watch this again. Carole, find some time to watch it all the way through.

And Cece, you made me laugh out loud with #4.

10. Carole Corlew on January 20th, 2011 at 7:45 am

Deron and Rick, I watched that film when I first started posting here. And I love it.

That old joke gets a periodic update, doesn’t it. And #4 is very relevant today!