January 26, 2011

headline of the day

Utah lawmakers propose M1911 as official state gun

comments

1. Michael Smith on January 26th, 2011 at 11:38 am

Should Clusterflock have an official gun?

2. Deron Bauman on January 26th, 2011 at 11:49 am

I’m up for suggestions.

3. Michael Smith on January 26th, 2011 at 11:55 am

I’m torn between the most grotesque example of an assault weapon of some sort and one of those water pistols you have to hold under water for 20 minutes in order to fill it with an ounce of water.

4. Deron Bauman on January 26th, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Why can’t it be both.

5. Daryl Scroggins on January 26th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I think this .50 handgun will beat the shit out of Utah.

6. Sheila Ryan on January 26th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Potato gun?

Or one of those guns that shoots screaming monkeys?

7. Cindy Scroggins on January 26th, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I’m gonna tattoo mini on this and win me a car.

8. Sheila Ryan on January 26th, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Okay, the screeching monkey is more like a slingshot.

9. Sheila Ryan on January 26th, 2011 at 12:44 pm

One of those guns you carve out of soap and tint with shoe polish and point menacingly when you break out of prison?

10. Michael Smith on January 26th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I used to have one of those screeching monkeys. We would shoot them at people around the office. One woman would jump about three feet when she heard one. I decided it would be funny to take the voice box out and sneak up behind her and set it off. Both she and her chair left the ground and for a minute I thought I was going to be responsible for sending her to the hospital.

11. Sheila Ryan on January 26th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

It’s fun to throw things in an office. It’s probably even better if you say to your kids, “No throwing in the house,” then go to work and — THROW!

I did once spray a co-worker with fizzy water from a seltzer bottle, thinking she would be amused by this old silent-movie gag. She was not. I really had to apologize.