February 25, 2011

The Sound of Awkward: Album Covers of Regret

For Cindy.

comments

1. Sheila Ryan on February 25th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Rat on, Kathy!

2. Sheila Ryan on February 25th, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Also, “rat on” to recordings featuring ventriloquists and their dummies.

3. Kathy Hilen-Smith on February 25th, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Git down on it, Swamp Dogg!!

4. Kathy Hilen-Smith on February 25th, 2011 at 5:26 pm

… if the dummies are wearing yellow gingham checks like the Smylies, they’re cool.

5. Sheila Ryan on February 25th, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I loved my Swamp Dogg LP.

Also my Captain Hook LP, although it was not the same as featured. Mine was “Captain Hook A-Live in Texas!” Christian pirates! Aarrrgh!

Endless bolts of yellow-checked gingham. Viva Los Smylies!

6. Sheila Ryan on February 25th, 2011 at 5:41 pm

The Smylie Family’s garb is like the cream-colored meal Cindy witnessed at the hospital cafeteria.

7. Cindy Scroggins on February 25th, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Kathy, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

8. Sheila Ryan on February 25th, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Rat on.

9. Daryl Scroggins on February 25th, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Oh shit, Kathy–I’m sure Michael and Cindy will understand this, but, I love you. This is great. You find the best stuff. This is ambition like you would find a $5 bill in an old coat pocket.

10. Deron Bauman on February 25th, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Oh. Thank you, Kathy.

11. Rick Neece on February 25th, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Awesome. Seems like I’ve been wheezy-laughing for two days now.

12. Rick Neece on February 25th, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I’ve worked with several “Codys” in my life. He made me crazy and sad, happy and mad. I was never prepared for what he would bring to work any given day.

13. Rick Neece on February 25th, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I found no way to help any of them. Maybe they didn’t need any help?

14. rossb on February 26th, 2011 at 9:23 am

hm “Can I borrow a feeling” was the name of Milhouse’s dad’s demo tape on the Simpsons…