November 14, 2011

Font for Sarah

We haven’t given anything away in a while, and yesterday Sarah mentioned being in love with this font. I set up a PayPal donation button you can contribute to below. The font family is $199. What we contribute more than that we can use to buy someone else something. (If you want something, let us know in comments, and we’ll see what we can do.) Happy Monday.

Update: $159 $84 $65 $55 $40 $20 $15 to go.

comments

1. Sarah Pavis on November 14th, 2011 at 11:41 am

That’s too– I don’t even– Deron!

I think my small heart just grew three sizes today.

2. Sheila Ryan on November 14th, 2011 at 11:51 am

I love it when we do this. The spontaneity of it.

3. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 11:54 am

You heard it, folks, Sarah Pavis has an enlarged heart! Your donation can save a life . . . today.

4. Sheila Ryan on November 14th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Oh, man, that’s cool. Let’s try and make Sarah’s heart real real big. I can’t link to it right now, but a couple of weeks ago there was this science article in the NYT about medical applications of research on pythons, who can expand their internal organs when they are devouring something real big and there was this really cool picture of a python swallowing an alligator. I would so love to see Sarah do that.

5. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

If you can dream it, you can achieve it.

6. Sheila Ryan on November 14th, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Imagine if we have money left over after we buy the font for Sarah. We could fund a trip to Florida for Sheila and Sarah, and Sarah could swallow an alligator, and Sheila could document her achievement.

7. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Best. Monday. Ever.

8. Sarah Pavis on November 14th, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Whether I want to or not, I’m almost certainty going to be dreaming about swallowing an alligator tonight. Which, QED, means I will achieve such a feat.

9. Casey Cichowicz on November 14th, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I love this. Happy Monday, Sarah!

10. Sheila Ryan on November 14th, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Ooh, $55 to go! Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go.

11. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

My (our) paypal got fucked up by some shit in our bank account a year ago. We haven’t (had a need to have) fixed it. Deron, can I send you a $20 check to finish it out this evening?

12. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Rick, take someone who needs it out to dinner, and I’m sure we will get the final $20, or I’ll up my contribution.

13. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Thank you, sir. I will make sure someone eats.

14. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Cheers.

15. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I love you.

16. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I love you, too.

17. Sheila Ryan on November 14th, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I love both of you boys. Y’all are the brothers I never had and always wanted.

18. Sheila Ryan on November 14th, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Also: $20 more, and Sarah eats an alligator Wednesday night. And I share a photo with y’all.

19. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Careful, I’ll give you an Indian burn.

20. Sheila Ryan on November 14th, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Yow!

21. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Or pull your head under the covers and fart.

22. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Oh, I thought that was understood.

23. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I love you, too, Sheila.

24. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 8:43 pm

All y’all make me happy in so many ways.

25. Deron Bauman on November 14th, 2011 at 8:53 pm

That’s the gas talking.

26. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Yesterday, Danny made a Cassoulet for Sunday supper. Crash, Becky and Andrew were here for it. I can’t say for the others’ experience. I was gassy all night, had weird dreams. One included a dream of a tornado that looked like a fouth-of-july sparkler. We hunkered down (ducked and covered) in a school hallway.

This morning, before I even had coffee, I had an explosive BM. Number six on the Bristol. I pooped Cassoulet.

Fiber, y’all! It will clean you out.

27. Rick Neece on November 14th, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I sent leftovers home with everyone.

28. Nicole Dotin on November 18th, 2011 at 11:35 am

Still need the last $15? Send me an email and I’ll donate the last $15 by way of coupon code. – the designer of Elena…

29. Deron Bauman on November 18th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Thanks, Nicole! We got all the funds collected, and I think Sarah purchased the font already? Sarah, did the PayPal transfer work?

30. Sarah Pavis on November 18th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

The Paypal transfer did work, yes! Thanks so much everyone!!

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet because I’m still debating between, essentially, the print and web options of complete vs basic w/domains and whether doing web but picking up a regular single makes sense if I want to have some more (offline) features.

…And also trying to figure out whether what I just said makes any sense.

I continue to be overwhelmed by how amazing people are. Thank you so much Deron, Nicole, and everyone who gave money so I can use this beautiful typeface! I’m equal parts thrilled and stunned.