November 10, 2011

This will only end well

Bison rides in car to pub, chugs beer

Jim and Bailey usually hop around town in their Buffalo-mobile, a sedan transformed into a convertible by taking out the front and back seats, the roof, the windows and the windshield, so Bailey can be comfortable.

(via Laughing Squid)

comments

1. Deron Bauman on November 10th, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Oh, Jesus.

2. Josh Weichhand on November 10th, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Garrett, this is brilliant.

3. Deron Bauman on November 10th, 2011 at 3:58 pm

A guy I interviewed for the first film had a pet deer (a buck that shared the living room and drank iced tea). Sadly, the buck got ornery around mating season and he had to kick him out, before I was able to film him.

4. Sheila Ryan on November 10th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Onnery. Around mating season.

5. Deron Bauman on November 10th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Personally, I think it was the iced tea.

6. Sheila Ryan on November 10th, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Sweet or un-sweet?

7. Deron Bauman on November 10th, 2011 at 5:05 pm

More meat and tea, ma’am.

8. Rick Neece on November 10th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Sweet.

9. Joel Bernstein on November 10th, 2011 at 5:18 pm

You’ve got a twelve ounce roll and you’ve got three men that weigh over two-hundred pounds a piece, a bison, a woman that’s a little plump Scotch girl, and a daughter who’s thirteen, and you’re going to try to take a twelve ounce roll of sausage and a couple of dozen eggs and feed that — it ain’t going to work — and I’m not going to purchase your product any more or ever again.

10. Rick Neece on November 10th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

We had a mouse in the house, under the sink. Day before yesterday, I noticed some spore. I opened the corner cabinet, next to the sink, we hardly open up anymore.

Oh, we had things in there a mousey might like nibbling on. Things we had not seen for years. (I threw away a ziplock containing cornmeal that expired in 2008, among other “newer” things.)

The bottom of the cabinet a mess. I put on a mask and gloves and tasked myself with cleaning it out. After, I went across the street to Sutherland’s and bought traps.

This morning, I found under the sink, a perpretrator, trapped, dead. He was big for his mouseness.

Fuckin’ freaked me out. I was all like, “Eew, eew, eew?” Tossed him, trap and all in the trash. (Thank god, today was trash day.)

I have more traps. “Is this all there are?” is what I’m thinking.

(For the record, I’ve seen Charlie nosing cabinet doors, where I’m talking about, for the last few days. I should have seen it coming before now.)

I can’t imagine cleaning up after a “big” animal.

11. Carole Corlew on November 10th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Wonder what Bailey would do if I walked into that bar with two fists of rattlesnakes.

12. Rick Neece on November 11th, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Update: three more today. That’s all the traps I bought. Tomorrow I’ll be back at Sutherland’s first thing. Four more.

Danny asked, “Why don’t you just leave the cabinet doors open for Charlie to do?”

“Well,” I said, “Frankly, I don’t want to clean up the mess.”

13. Rick Neece on November 11th, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Plus Charlie’s gettin a little long-in-the-tooth. I don’t trust him to get ‘em. Not that he wouldn’t try.

14. Erica Braverman on November 12th, 2011 at 1:10 am

Charlie needs an assistant. I’d be happy to help him interview some prospective cats.