December 25, 2011

Dear Santa

Thank you for the sweet hot air balloon ornament. Colors are perfect! And for the Chicago Christkindlmarket drinking boot, I’ll try it out a little later. This was the best Christmas ever!

comments

1. Rick Neece on December 25th, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I’m going to take the boot to the gathering we’re going to in five minutes. White-elephant gifts (I’m not regifting, I’ll be drinking from it), dinner, then a game of “Celebrities.” Christmas in Overland Park. It don’t get much better.

2. Erica Braverman on December 25th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Yep. The OP welcomes you with open arms.

3. Deron Bauman on December 25th, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I wish I could visit everyone for a bit today.

4. Erica Braverman on December 25th, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I’ve got The Woodmans on my DVR. Pajamas are required. My dad will offer you a glass of bourbon. Pardon the laundry pile.

5. Deron Bauman on December 25th, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Don’t mind my pajamas.

6. Erica Braverman on December 25th, 2011 at 2:59 pm

If the spirit of Jesus moves within me, I will bake the ginger molasses cookies from Secret Santa. Or offer cold pasta salad.

7. Deron Bauman on December 25th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I’m about to cook a fucking steak.

8. Erica Braverman on December 25th, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Perfect. You just gifted me my next culinary endeavor. Thanks, Santa Deron.

9. Deron Bauman on December 25th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Ho, ho, ho. (It’s really good.)

10. Rick Neece on December 25th, 2011 at 10:05 pm

We have a ton of prime rib left-over from last night. It roasted 18 hours at 125 degrees. Danny read Cooks Illustrated. This morning, for breakfast, I had left-over prime rib, warmed a little in the microwave (not too much, 45 seconds or so, I didn’t want to kill the juicyness) on Danny’s ho-made rolls with horseradish sauce while I did dishes in the kitchen. Delish!

Anybody need a sammich? We can Fedex.

11. Rick Neece on December 25th, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I feel the need to “correct,” it wasn’t OP, it was Leawood. Such delineations can be lost on me.

12. Deron Bauman on December 25th, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Oh, my goodness. That sounds delicious.

13. Rick Neece on December 25th, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Roughly, 123rd and a little East of Roe.

14. Rick Neece on December 25th, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Deron, I feel like I just spent a little time with you. I took Andrew to the airport this morning at 6:00-ish to meet his Mom and Sister in Chicago. We picked up coffee across the street at the Quick-Trip for the journey out.

15. Erica Braverman on December 25th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Rick, I may need one of those sandwiches. I don’t have to report back at work until Wednesday.

16. Deron Bauman on December 25th, 2011 at 10:57 pm

You’re kind, Rick. I look forward to a visit with the KC flockers soon.

17. Rick Neece on December 26th, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I hope so, Deron. We’ll have the guest room ready. We’ll make an event of your visit. Let’s coordinate a time.

18. Amanda Mae on December 27th, 2011 at 10:35 am

It’s one of the best visits. I highly recommend it.

19. Deron Bauman on December 27th, 2011 at 10:38 am