February 5, 2012

finally

About a year ago this post went up without much explanation:

Joel and Deron* have put on something over their jockstraps.

*The one he wears like a mask*.

*To block the image of Michael nesting in Troy Polamalu’s hair*.

*A frequent dream of Deron’s that leaves him feeling oddly aroused.

Originally created by Michael on September 9, 2010 and scheduled to publish the morning following the Super Bowl the post looked like this:

The NFL season has ended

And was changed by Deron on September 12:

I have the strength to say it. Deron, you are the handsomest man I know.

Michael, September 13:

I have the strength to say it. Deron, came on to me and, when I turned him down, he tried to blame the entire incident on his being distraught over the end the NFL season.

Deron, September 14:

What can I say? My lust for Deron outweighs my love even for NFL linemen.

Michael, September 26:

Now that the NFL season is over, Deron might stop talking about Troy Polamalu’s beautiful locks.

Deron, October 1:

I am able to open my heart to the depth of my love for Troy Palamalu’s hair. I want to build a nest in it. A sexual nest.

Michael, October 5:

I figured it out. Troy Palamalu’s hair is less efficient than Deron’s.

Also, the NFL season is over so there’s a chance Deron might take of that helmet and wash his “lucky” jock-strap.

Deron, October 23:

I, Michael Smith, am not wearing pants.

Joel, January 5:

I’m tempted to post the revision history of this post on its own.

Michael, January 10:

Joel and Deron have put on something over their jockstraps.

Deron, February 4:

Joel and Deron* have put on something over their jockstraps.

*Lies! [Deron]

Michael, February 4:

Joel and Deron* have put on something over their jockstraps.

*The one he wears like a mask.

Deron, February 6:

Joel and Deron* have put on something over their jockstraps.

*The one he wears like a mask*.

*To block the image of Michael nesting in Troy Polamalu’s hair.

Happy last day of the NFL Season to all of you!

comments

1. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Sniff.

2. Michael Smith on February 5th, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Thanks, Deron, for adding that link.

Hope I didn’t make you cry.

3. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 2:52 pm

It was worth it.

4. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Amy just said: if there were a red carpet for the Super Bowl, it would make it so much better.

5. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Simone is conspicuously silent on Twitter this day of the highest American secular religious holiday. I assume he’ll start tweeting like crazy once the game begins.

6. Sheila Ryan on February 5th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I just wish I were at the big party at Michael’s house.

7. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I’m just past the mailbox.

8. Michael Smith on February 5th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Due to the time change the game is probably tomorrow.

9. Kelsey Parker on February 5th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Deron, I saw your tweet this morning and had no idea what you were talking about. Holiday? What holiday?

10. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

The Super Bowl is the great American secular holiday. This is it. The best day of the year.

11. Sheila Ryan on February 5th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

I am bringing a refreshing lemon dessert to Michael’s Super Bowl party.

12. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

That’s me, just making my way past the rear bumper.

13. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I’m also giving you the look.

14. Sheila Ryan on February 5th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Ummnh, I can see The Look in my outside mirror, Deron.

15. Rick Neece on February 5th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

The greatest secular holiday is the gay super-bowls. The Tonys and The Academy Awards. We’re saving up bacon grease for greazing up the popcorn popper in anticipation. Not that I care much, but who’s playing in today’s super-bowl? Whose for who?

16. Rick Neece on February 5th, 2012 at 5:51 pm

In the morning, I’ll find out who of my favorites won. And send condolences or congratulations, depending, to all.

17. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Rick, The Oscars are my second high holy day.

It’s the Giants and Patriots. I made a late decision to root for the Giants.

18. Sheila Ryan on February 5th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I have no Super Bowl. I have no Super Bowl. Oh, woe is me.

Deron has the Super Bowl. Rick has the gay Super Bowls — the Tonys and the Oscars.

I’m bereft.

I think as hard as I can, but there is no Super Bowl for me.

19. Deron Bauman on February 5th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

And the bridge is out at the river.

20. Sheila Ryan on February 5th, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Paw-Paw.

21. Rick Neece on February 5th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Oh, Gawd! I love y’all.

22. Sheila Ryan on February 5th, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Well, that works out well. I love you.