February 19, 2012

from the comments

Rick Neece:

When I think of pianos or organs, big or small, or any other instrument (writing fits in this thought, or any one collection of things one gathers to put together) I think of them as animals to “tame” to bend them to convey the expression one wants to convey. One rarely knows in the beginning what one is after.

comments

1. Rick Neece on February 19th, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I used wrong words in this statement. “Animals to tame to bend,” case in point. Expression using the tools, with which one has “facility,” is what I meant. When one is comfortable with the instrument, (clutching a car, for example, one can drive) expression can flow free.

I can’t play piano or organ with the facility to fully engage the instrument and express. Nor can I navigate personal politics for the same reason. Words are the instrument I have some facility with and it fails, more often than not.

In words, I fail daily. But once-in-a-while, words cross the abyss.

“Love,” for example. But even that expression is fraught with difficulty in conveyance and understanding.

2. Deron Bauman on February 19th, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Love.

3. Deron Bauman on February 19th, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Rick, are you watching the Oscars tonight?

4. Deron Bauman on February 19th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Wait, for some reason I thought they were tonight.

5. Rick Neece on February 19th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Next Sunday, Deron. No worries. Though you and Amy should get snacks in order.

6. Deron Bauman on February 19th, 2012 at 10:19 pm

It will help me get over the end of the football season.

7. Sheila Ryan on February 20th, 2012 at 11:54 am

Re: the Oscars. Any butts I should be on the look-out for? I was disappointed by the concealment of Nicki Minaj’s butt on the Grammy awards.

8. Sheila Ryan on February 20th, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Trying to write a verse:

When I think of organs
    Big or small

9. Rick Neece on February 21st, 2012 at 6:12 pm

When I think of organs
    Big or small
    I think of greats
    who instigate
    And bring all that could be broughten.
    It could use some work.

10. Sheila Ryan on February 21st, 2012 at 6:18 pm

It’s a start.

11. Rick Neece on February 21st, 2012 at 6:55 pm

It needs too much work. Prolly should be tossed. Starting again.