May 4, 2012
Or — more accurately — Amy and her mother bought a house in which they, I, and Amy’s sister live. I’ve learned a few things by living in an owned home for the first time since I started college.
- Mowing an acre with a push mower is no less ridiculous now than it was when I was in high school
- I don’t have nearly enough tools
- There are certain things you should pay someone else to do.
- If it can be done with a hammer, pliers, a screwdriver, and a utility knife, you should probably do it yourself
- Don’t trust anyone to whom you will be giving money
- Sometimes you have to put the cart before the horse for your own sanity
Any tips on home ownership/maintenance would be welcome.