September 4, 2012

what it is what it is

comments

1. Sheila Ryan on September 4th, 2012 at 2:09 pm

This is sorta what it is like here where I’m staying, here in La Casa del Olvido Eterno. (I know there’s the famous George Formby version, but I also know it’s now a Sainsbury’s ad, so here’s this other one for y’all ’cause it’s more kinda bull-goose loony American insane and all, and that’s kinda where I’m comin’ from right now, if you catch my drift.)

2. Sheila Ryan on September 4th, 2012 at 2:14 pm

You know, that happy-go-lucky Napoleon XIV serial killer kind of jollity!

3. Michael Grant Smith on September 4th, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I’d rather go lucky than go happy.

4. Carole Corlew on September 7th, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Just stay on the sunny side of the street.

5. Sheila Ryan on September 7th, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Just the other day, I was driving through Downtown Dallas, where all sides of the streets are sunny. Also, I only saw two cabs And it took about two minutes — at mid-day — to drive from Harwood Avenue, the traditional eastern terminus of Downtown, to its star-crossed western terminus, the Triple Underpass.

6. Sheila Ryan on September 7th, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I also drove on the Santiago Calatrava-designed bridge that opened this year. Actually, my friend Steve drove, and I rode. It was pretty groovy.

7. rick neece on September 8th, 2012 at 7:29 am

Oooh, pretty! My boss did a midwestern tour road trip last month and wound up in Milwaukee at the Museum of Art, also Calatrava. I never knew it opened and closed.

8. Carole Corlew on September 9th, 2012 at 10:30 am

That Santiago Calatrava-designed bridge is a shock, in a good way.

9. Sheila Ryan on September 9th, 2012 at 4:51 pm