February 2, 2013

Reader’s Digest, September, 2012

readers-digest

It’s the FUNNIEST ISSUE EVER because the BABY SAYS SO and look at the way HE’S LAUGHING and there are OTHER FUNNY PEOPLE INSIDE the magazine so YOU’LL LIKE THEM too.

NO I DID NOT LINK IT.

comments

1. Sheila Ryan on February 2nd, 2013 at 4:17 pm

HOSPITAL SHOCK! Save Thousands of $$ on a LAUGHING BABY!

2. Sheila Ryan on February 2nd, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Heroes. “We can be heroes, just for one day.”

3. Sheila Ryan on February 2nd, 2013 at 4:19 pm

THE BEST MEDICINE.

4. rick neece on February 6th, 2013 at 2:00 am

I once sent a funny (it WAS funny you hear me?) story to Life in These United States when I was 12 years old. They didn’t take it. Fuck them and the paper they print on.
    Their Brother in Christ,
    R

5. rick neece on February 6th, 2013 at 2:25 am

God help me. I just tried to “click” the dots on the left side. Honestly I miss the RD on the pot, the only time I see it there anymore is in Des Moines at Dan’s brother’s.

6. Sheila Ryan on February 6th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Ricky Cameron, we’d love to hear your Life in These United States story. Please, please, please.

7. Sheila Ryan on February 6th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Fuck ‘em if they can’t take a joke.

8. Sheila Ryan on February 6th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I used to think Reader’s Digest was Rita’s Digest. My mother’s New England pronunciation sounded like the name of my neighbor-friend Rita.

9. Sheila Ryan on February 6th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Maybe clusterflock should have a Life in These United States category.

10. rick neece on February 7th, 2013 at 1:43 am

Now that I think about it I was older than twelve. It happened in high school after I’d been working for a while at the IGA in Pokey. To a customer who said Thank You (for a carry-out), the proper response was Thank YOU, and come back. Anyway, the jist of the story was I’d gotten a haircut at some point down in Walnut Ridge in front of the usual pickle-barrel old-timers generally in attendance. As I paid my barber, he said Thank you. I replied, Thank YOU, and come back.

I think I typed it in Red ribbon on a little royal portable on a quarter sheet of paper. Now that I think about it maybe I should reconsider that fuck them.

11. Sheila Ryan on February 7th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I would have published that, Rick. Especially if you’d typed it in red.

Was there ever a typewriter ribbon option other than the red and the black?