August 15, 2013

It’s been a good run…

Clusterflock is what introduced me to the most interesting parts of the web. I love this site and all the people involved, but I think it’s time to officially shut it down. In the forthcoming weeks I’ll be converting this to a static site for archival and security purposes. What this means is the url structure and all the content will remain, but comments will be closed permanently and there will be no CMS to create new posts.

Thanks, everybody, we’ll see you around the web.

comments

1. Lucy Foley on August 15th, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Clusterflock has been my favourite social network of people I have (mostly) never met. It was a big part of my life for several years and one of the most fun places I’ve ever hung around, either online or in the tactile world. I love Clusterflock and I’m glad the archive will still be online. Hip hip hooray for Clusterflock and all who sailed in her.

2. Frank Patrick on August 15th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

You’ll be missed.

3. Dick Thucker on August 15th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

“So long, and thanks for all the fish poop.”

FTFY.

4. Rick Neece on August 15th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Thank you Andrew. Thank you Deron. Thank you, all y’all. It was one of the happiest times of my life.

5. India on August 15th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Y’all? I feel so blessed.

Clusterflock people are still the best people, even though my interactions with all y’all now take place otherwhere from here. I continue to feel the presence of the ’flock all around me, and I continue to look at things through the many lenses you’ve given me.

Stay in touch, hear?

6. Casey Cichowicz on August 15th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Thanks to everyone I’ve met through Clusterflock. It’s really meant a lot, even though I was really more on the tail end of things here. It’s a special place. I’m glad to think that it will be preserved.

7. Derek White on August 15th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

It’s been real. Ok, maybe not real, but the next best thing.

8. CZHA on August 15th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Best of wishes. Thanks for everything.

9. KevinQ on August 15th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I raise my glass to you all. You made some damn fine internet.

K

10. vin. on August 15th, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Haven’t posted in years–like many of us, real life just got in the way.

I’ll miss my most reliable source of small talk fodder and brain food.

Happy travels, everyone.

11. Michael Grant Smith on August 15th, 2013 at 8:50 pm

It’s not dead. It’s sleeping.

12. Andrew Simone on August 15th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Exactly.

13. Kelsey on August 15th, 2013 at 11:06 pm

This feels right. Thank you for taking this uneasy step forward, Andrew.

Y’all are my people, and I adore every one of you for being exactly who you are. I am so grateful for our years in community here, years that set the tone for the kinds of relationships I was in need of when I met you and have since found — here, and more locally too. Thanks to all of us for creating this space as we did and for being willing to show up, to really be a part of something together.

The comments are ending, but the contact is not.